Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Top Secret: The Fat Pictures

Back in the day, I hated taking pictures. In fact, I think I put out a memo that it simply wasn't allowed. Did you get it? I bet you did.

But there are two pictures of me from that era. Two.

And for the sake of full disclosure, so to speak, here they are.


See what I was talking about? Those bear slippers are AWESOME.


Included in this very stately, artistic pose is my poor mother who, no doubt, suffered the most during my fat phase. She naturally brought it up a lot, which I didn't want to hear. Of COURSE I know I'm overweight. Of COURSE I know I could look a lot better and be more comfortable in my clothes.

But I'm not a size four. I'm a size 14, and I'm miserable. So I'm going to plug my ears and "La la la la la laaaa!"

So check THIS out (yes, it's a different picture)! At a very svelt 220 lbs...







I just want to make sure you really SEE the problem here. Is that a double chin? Why yes! Yes, it is. I see no discernable shape to my face.

Even my friggin' eyelids were fat.

This is when reality started to sink in. Holy moly, I had a double chin (and fatty eyelids). Jaw line? What jaw line??

This won't be a long drawn out thing, but I want you to see where I came from. Even the progress I've made so far is incredible to me. It's probably the most difficult thing I've done.

I mean, do you have ANY idea how incredible Blue Bell ice cream is??

Just to keep in perspective, here are a couple more recent pictures (that you can also find on my Facebook).


Squeeeee!

A little fitter, a little happier. :)

Still a long way to go, though. I've got a jaw line, too!

Here's to zucchini and sweet potatoes!

Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment