Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hello, Alaska.

Yoga.
8 days.
Non-stop.

That's what's up. Yoga certification, for the win. I guess you could say I'm leveling up?

Rock. On.

Today was Day 4.

I walked into my class this morning and proceeded to get ready. Something about the drive in, maybe it was just the day, but something was mentally playing ping pong with me.

It's wonderful how "traffic" rhymes with "quiet time to sit and breathe," which is really not what happened. It was mostly my mind wandering.

Did you know you're breathing perfectly wrong? No? Have headaches often? Maybe panic attacks? Notice your breath. Where is it? If it's in your chest, I highly recommend a re-breathing lesson.

Monkey mind. During the whole meditation. Twitching, flinching... Little quiet came to me today.

"'Sup, bro?"


My weight is still being maintained. It's very hard to eat properly during this, because we take two minute breaks (long enough to run - not walk - and piddle) and one 1.5 hour lunch. I love the long lunch, but my paleo eating makes it super challenging to eat out.

I had steamed sweet potatoes at a Thai/Vietnamese restaurant. They were DELICIOUS.

A moment of your time please.

I'd like to introcude Brandon Chadbourne. He is a fantastic man who I think will be recognized as a great thinker of our generation. I fully endorse his magic! (Hi, Brandon!)

"'Sup, bro?"

Broccoli is my friend right now. I take a big steamed thing of it and munch on a few trees during the breaks.


This class is mind-blowing. I am roiling with ideas and new goals and missions and life purposes and holy yoga!

I will be posting a class schedule very soon, I hope.

Will work for your presence. :)

Gil

PS - Here's a picture of Terence the Terible Trainer, so that he can feel the love, too (now with double-barrel action)...

"'Sup, bro?"

No comments:

Post a Comment