Saturday, April 14, 2012

Charlton Heston Hates McDonald's.

Today is always a great day for a new beginning, you know.

Yoga Certification.

Oooooh, yeeeeaaaah. :D

It happened. Today.

Day one was awesome. Consisting of an overview, About the Teacher, About the Center, the 300-page syllabus, and the near-guarantee for me to do a headstand by the end of the course, it lasted about three hours or so.

I met some amazing people: Sarah, Kasi, Brandon, Ann Marie, Mary, and Teresa (apologies for a misspelling of anybeast's name as I've never them written).

We have to write a Vision statement for our personalized version of our practice. I believe mine will go something like:

My Vision is to create a choreography of yoga that
brings about a shift in paradigm and spirituality.

Dog, stop doing yoga. You are a dog.
You'll get the mat all hairy.

That's all I've got so far... Expect a few edits.

Following the epic weight-loss journey, there is progress being made!

Yesterday was my dad's big, ol' birthday, which means a strawberry cake that I think he loves more than any of his children.


My goodness there are a lot of animals in this post.

177.0 lbs.

^ What I weigh now.

After facing the temptation of flour tortillas, cheese, sour cream, queso, I relegated my dining experience to a modified chicken and beef fajita salad with a little guacamole and even less queso (a dab'll do ya!).

It was great. I even had a piece of cake (should have split it with my Honey... next time) but experienced a little upset stomach later in the evening.

I've noticed that as I've been eating cleaner, any trash that hits my system (grains, sugar, or dairy) causes discomfort ranging from "My tummy! *lip quiver*" to "Yes, I am terribly interested in what you're saying, but if I stand here a moment longer, we'll both regret it... Don't judge me."

The journey continues. This yoga class will be a boon to my weight loss. We are listening to lecture or practicing yoga and meditation, which gives little time for casual snacking... And to maximize the benefit of the mind-body connection, well...


You are what you eat.



It's people.

Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment